Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Egypt bars Islamist hard-line political party

Egypt's Political Parties Affairs Committee has made a brave decision, barring the extremist Al-Gamaa Al-Islamiyya from registering as a political party. The way this enfolds will have deep effects on the future of Egypt's political system.

If this ruling stands, Egypt will succeed in avoiding one of the biggest mistakes we made in Iraq when all filters were removed. We ended up allowing those who believed in violence--not democracy or human rights--to undermine the political process from within...I hope Egypt's desire to establish a real democracy does not wane.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am in fact impressed to read all at single place.


My homepage; Testoril Review

Play Friv said...

Thanks for posting this useful information. This was just what I was on looking for. I'll come back to this blog for sure! I bookmarked this blog a while ago because of the useful content and I am never being disappointed. Now i need to my blog, you can play, relax and fun with games at here Kizi
friv 10
friv games

fieldengineer said...

what is cisco ise can improve network safety. If you follow the Cisco ISE design best practices, then you can defend your business against incoming network threats and enhance your security capabilities.

jingklonkaew@gmail.com said...

joker gaming vip
ไฮโล วิธีเล่น
บาคาร่าออนไลน์ ได้เงินจริง

Tara Eaton said...

Great post thank yoou

BEO89 said...

Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.สล็อต แตกง่าย